A Note to Parents
Our desire is to support you in your parenting efforts by ministering to your children. We want to guide them into a personal relationship with Christ by modeling Christ, faithfully teaching God's Word and nurturing them in God's love. We want to communicate the love of God to children by:
- Providing a safe, accepting environment where all children feel loved and valued.
- Being a partner with you in the spiritual nurturing of your son or daughter.
- Providing caring, quality teachers whose lives model the lessons they teach.
- Reaching out to children in God's love and teaching them God's truth.
- Building a strong biblical foundation in an exciting, experiential, and relevant way.
- Helping them gain a Christian perspective as they work through issues they face at home, at school, and with friends.
- Encouraging a heart to minister and providing opportunities to use their gifts in ministry to others.
We want to make a difference in the lives of children by reaching out in effective and creative ways that communicate the love of God. At DeLand Naz, they will feel welcomed and loved. We consider it a privilege to provide the variety of ministries that we have, as an encouragement for children to draw close to the Savior.
Kids in Divine Service – K.I.D.S. . Through Bible stories, object lessons, puppetry and more, the Gospel is presented in a way that children can really understand. K.I.D.S. Church helps children to understand God’s unconditional love and assist them in developing the skills they will need to follow a Christ centered life. K.I.D.S. Church is held every Sunday morning and Wednesday evening during worship services.
Each year our first through sixth graders compete in quiz competitions with children from all over the state of Florida. Our quiz teams are divided into two age divisions (Red Level & Blue Level). Children’s Quizzing is an exciting way for kids to hide the Word of God in their hearts.
Children’s Talent Festival
The Church of the Nazarene regularly provides opportunities for children to share the gifts and talents that God has blessed them with. Each year, children attending Nazarene Churches all across the state of Florida are invited to participate in the "Children’s Talent Festival". There are numerous categories open for entry making it possible for any child with a desire to take part. They can draw a picture, write a poem, sing a solo or much more. We believe that participation in such events contributes to the overall spiritual growth of our children and we always stand ready to encourage them to take part when possible.
Children's Summer Camp
Each summer we have children's camps at our Nazarene District Campgrounds. These camps are the highlight of the year for many children. They enjoy a great week of fun and exciting activities and experience God in a unique atmosphere away from home. While at camp, they build friendships that last a lifetime.